Well, welcome to our first edition of Cooking with Chef Hatim. This series of cooking program is designed to our reader who wish to learn on how to cook. This series is for beginner cook who can't differentiate between cooking oil and frying pan the same way as how non IT people who cant differentiate between mouse and monitor.
In today's program we will be cooking Cucur Kentang. I believe that some of you might have heard of Cucur Udang, Cucur Ikan Bilis and Cucur Bawang but this my secret recipe called Cucur Kentang.
Vegetable oil. Using feul either Diesel or Petrol are not recommended(Do not come back to me saying "woi.. tuh pun minyak jugak. Mak aku masak guna minyak angin lagi"). The oil need to be heated in a frying pan.
|Frying pan with actual oil in it, not feul|
Ask your vegetable store owner if you dont know how does potatoes look like.
Onion is a vegetable that look, smell and taste like onion. Ok good... now you get it
|This is how onion will look like after being peeled sliced|
Flour and Water
Wheat flour (tepung gandum) and water that already been mixed with salt. You can use sea water if you like but not recommended.
|Tepung gandum and water that already been mixed with salt. No, i didnt go to any beach recently|
1) Wash the potatoes, peel the skin off and cut it into dice. Please do not substitute potatoes with real dice. Nobody gonna eat it. Do the same thing with onion, peel it off and slice it. Mix them both inside a bowl
|washed and diced potatoes|
2) Pour flour and salted water(or sea water if its more accessible to you) inside the bowl where cut potatoes and onions are. Start mixing them well.. do not make it too hard or too soft. Too much flour will make our cucur very hard to eat.. and too much water will make it very lembek. Tak sedap makan. So start adding flour or water slowly to make the doh feels just nice.
3) Heat up the oil (Feul, if you are using one) in a frying pan.
4) Once the oil is hot enough. Scoop the mixed doh with a spoon and pour it to the frying pan like in the picture. Please make sure the fire are not too strong or if not it will be burned. While waiting for your cucur to be cooked, you can head out shopping, watching DVD or even mow your lawn.
|Placing dough inside the hot oil frying pan to make cucur|
5) A cooked cucur will change its colour to
|Well fried cucur|
Burnt cucur that will soon be feed to your neighbour
This cucur kentang had been served to Ajoy and Mel for break fast with 100% satisfaction. Serve cucur kentang with chili sauce or peanut sauce (the one used in satay, yummy!!!)
Enjoy your meal!!!. Gemuk, if you think that you are the only one who can cook, look at my cucur